Build 3106, Blackberry desktop 4.2 and Zen

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by John@flavors, Jan 2, 2007.

1. John@flavors

John@flavors Junior Member

Keep going there Parallels, we love you!

Has anybody got their BB sync working? My rainbow dongle works fine, but the BB STILL is not recognized by the BB mgr software.

Parallels shows RIM handheld, but the software remains disconnected.

Keep coding!

John

Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  2. jfgoofy

jfgoofy Bit poster

Hello John:

Yes it works fine. Which BB do you have. I have the 8700, 8100, 7100 and 8800 all of them seem to be working correctly. Also, what version of the software do you have.

Best regards,

Jason

3. John@flavors

Jason,

Oh boy, if I could get this going...

BB mgr 4.2.0.10, BB 7100, Powerbook, Mac OS10.4.8.

Thanks!

John

4. jfgoofy

jfgoofy Bit poster

Okay, have you installed an application called PocketMac?

If you have you must completely unistall it and remove all library references to it. What happens is that it takes over the USB port for charging and doesnt give it back.

Second thing to ask.... Have you installed the device as a modem? If you have that wont work either. What happens there is the USB ports lock the device and it never get truely transfered to the Parallels application.

Third and final question... What exactly is the sync problem. Can you tell me what happens.

Also, if you post a reply to this, send me a personal message too so that I can see it and respond more quickly. I hate not having my BB too. So, I know what youre going through...

JF

5. John@flavors

JF et al,

Never installed Pocket mac, re-installed the BB mgr and now when I plug the bb into the USB port, the BB mgr does not see it to connect. Windows makes the sound like I am plugging and unplugging the RIM device. After a bit of time, parallels says that there is another piece of software that is using the device, please find and kill it.

Now what?

John

6. steve

steve Member

Blackberry sync

John,

I am running build 1848. I can run the Blackberry Desktop application. When I connect my BB (8700r), I get a message on my BB that the USB charging current is not sufficient. I disconnect, wait a moment and then reconnect. On the second connect attempt, the BB connects to the BB Desktop application and the BB says it is connected to the desktop. If I want to do a sync, I need to do it right away though and constantly move the BB wheel. If you don't move the wheel, something times out and the BB disconnects; though, the BB Desktop application says the BB is connected but the BB itself has disconnected and returns to the home screen.

This is an annoyance for me as I cannot connect the BB and leave it connected and then do a sync periodically. Also, the connect-disconnect-connect sequence is another annoyance. Lastly, the Desktop application does not start up some times and crashes. So, you have to restart the application several times before it "stays going".

I did not upgrade to the 1970 build as there were several people who complained about a performance degradation. People seem to be reporting that 3106 performance has improved. I would appreciate knowing if the 3106 build fixes these BB problems.

Steve