Using Parallels Desktop in additional Mac user account.

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by abrasha, Mar 18, 2009.

1. abrasha

abrasha Member

I installed a Windows game in Windows XP under PD 4.0. I installed this game for my son, who has his own account on my iMac.

After installation, which I did in my OS X account, because I am the system administrator, I opened his account and dragged the PD icon onto the dock so he can start PD and then the program from there.

When I wanted to show him how to use PD by clicking on the PD icon, I was confronted with an installation wizard for Windows. I was prompted to install Windows again.

I do not want to do this. This should not be necessary. Am I doing something wrong? If so, what should I do to run the already installed Windows. Or, is what I want to do not possible, and do I indeed have to install Windows again?

2. Zippy

Zippy Member

I seem to remember the way to do this was to put the VM into a Shared User folder (/Users/Shared/Parallels/yourdisk.hdd)

3. L str

L str Bit poster

I seem to remember the way to do this was to put the VM into a Shared User folder (/Users/Shared/Parallels/yourdisk.hdd)