USB modem does work on mac OS but not on XP

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by gamuso, Jan 21, 2009.

1. gamuso

gamuso Bit poster

hello,

I´m conecting to internet using a usb modem, works propperlly with mac OS leopard, but XP does not recognize it. so my question is the next:

can I conect from parallels XP using the right conection made in mac OS? as if it were the airport one for instance??

if tryed going to "network adapter" and trying every possibility, but no sucess.

any suggestion?

thank you very much from madrid.

2. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hola!

What is the version of the Parallels Desktop you are using? Is it the Parallels Desktop 3.0 or the 4.0?
    In case you are using Parallels Desktop 4.0, I'd suggest you to upgrade it to the latest build (so far it is 3810 and it can be downloaded at http://www.parallels.com/download/desktop/ )

In any case, the most convinient way is to setup VM Network adapter to be in "Shared Networking" mode. After this, in case of PD4.0.3810, all should work without any further actions.

If you are running the version 3.0, then there may be some issues with USB-Modems but they can be resolved. Just post a message if you have problems and I will try to help to resolve it.

Hasta luego -)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  3. gamuso

gamuso Bit poster

...now with the airport.

hola!

thank you so for your answer... to many days for replying, sorry, finally I got it to work... but now the problem is the oposite. right now I can not make internet work with my airport... but before I did the changes (I tryed so many things, and I don´t remember) it worked fine.

so, what have I got to do to connect to internet with my airport now?

I´ve got version 4.

gracias!

4. bpzdiver

bpzdiver Member

USB modem

I have the same issue. I have a DSL connection through Airport which works fine on both OS, but I am trying out a USB modem for a week. It works fine on the Mac OS 10.5.6 but not on the XP side. I am using Parallels 3.0 Build 5608. Should I have the USB modem connected before I start Parallels or wait until it starts up, turn Airport off and connect the USB modem? In order to connect through Airport and the DSL I have the Network Adapter set to Bridged Ethernet as discussed in this thread: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=88272 if that matters.

Thanks in advance!