Parallels Tools 1.0.3 won't install

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Cynops, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Cynops

Cynops Junior Member

This is a machine that has never had parallels on it. I installed 3106. Booted natively into the bootcamp XP Pro. Tried to install Parallels Tools Bcp 1.0.3 Win. It fails with Error 1 and says to contact Parallels.

Without this installed parallels isn't going to work. There is nothing to uninstall and the sp2.cab files are on the drive.

Any ideas?

2. joem

joem Forum Maven

Parallels 3106 does not require tools installed in bootcamp. You need to install them in the VM once you have it booting from the Bootcamp partition though.

3. Cynops

Cynops Junior Member

Okay. I think.

So I started up Parallels and made the new VM from bootcamp and fired it up. It wanted to re-validate Windows so I got on the phone and did that. No complaints from Redmond. Then using the Install Parallels Tools from the Actions dropdown menu of the Mac side I installed the tools. That process seems to have been successful. It restarted and I am using XP via Parallels right now to write this. Cool.

Just one question. This means that I do not need to use the Parallels-Tools-Bcp-1.0.3-Win.exe at all, correct?

I'm done? It seems to be the case but this is my first attempt at using Parallels and I don't know what I am doing.

4. palter

palter Hunter

Yes, you're done. Parallels-Tools-Bcp was only for the first beta (build 3036). As of the second beta (3094) and all subsequent betas, it is no longer necessary and should not be installed.