Bluetooth not working

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Smitty, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Smitty

Smitty Bit poster

I need some help with my bluetooth.

I have a macbook and I did an install of Windows XP Pro SP2 via Parallels and everything is working great except for my bluetooth.

The issue seems to be driver related because the Windows install doesn't even seem to realize that the bluetooth exists.

Before parallels I had Bootcamp installed and the bluetooth worked perfectly.

In my Device manager I have two entries for missing drivers.

Other PCI Bridge Device
    Video Controller

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. joem

joem Forum Maven

The Bluetooth hardware remains captured by OSX so XP drivers can't see it. Bluetooth devices that work in OSX and can be passed through by Parallels include keyboard, mouse, and sometimes headsets. Bluetooth devices such as printers that can run in OSX and be shared on the network can be seen from the guest just like any other network devices.

3. Smitty

Smitty Bit poster

So has anyone had any luck with the Treo 650. I am trying to sychronize it with outlook.

Thank you so much for the response.

4. dmacd

dmacd Junior Member

650 with bluetooth

There is a program that will let you sync a 650 with WinXP in Parallels with bluetooth. Its called SerialClient and can be located at http://eudyptes.com/SerialClient.php.

Syncing with bluetooth is much slower but at least it works. Still can't sync the traditional way with Parallels yet.

5. Smitty

Smitty Bit poster

Well I have been able to get it to sync with the cable but I hate having to pull it out each time. So the Bluetooth would be an ideal scenario.

6. dmacd

dmacd Junior Member

Sorry I meant to say that Palm Hotsync is not working via USB using the latest Parallels beta. I believe Hotsync works fine with the latest release version.