FC7 Lockup

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by Roy Harrell, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Roy Harrell

Roy Harrell Bit poster

I'm running FC7 in 512mb on Parallels 4.0.3810 installed on a 4GB MacBook Pro w/10.5.6. Overall the installation works well except:

1. Weird right click behavior. Sometimes it behaves as you would expect by displaying the properties menu. More often I must hold the right button for the properties menu to be retentive. Otherwise the top selection in the menu (most often, OPEN) is automatically selected. I can live with this one if I must.

2. FC7 locks up with regularity. Sometimes I can detect a gradual degradation in overall response before the lockup, other times it just stops. The desktop remains but with no mouse or keyboard response. The only recovery I know of is to shutdown and restart the FC7 session.

2. Eric Brunel

Eric Brunel Junior Member

Point 2 happens to me too with FC10: complete freeze, no response even when sending "magical" keys (Ctrl+Alt+F1, Ctrl+Alt+Backspace, Ctrl+Alt+Del, nothing has any effect), so forced to shut down the VM and restart it again to get things back, which is quite annoying.
    Doesn't anybody have any hint on what can happen here?

3. Roy Harrell

Roy Harrell Bit poster

Eric -

Following the advice of the 'Ubuntu 8.04 freezes with Parallels' thread, I disabled clock synchronization. This seems to have worked. Many of the complaints and symptoms discussed in that thread were observed in my FC7 installation. Good luck.

Roy

4. Eric Brunel

Eric Brunel Junior Member

Thanks a lot Roy: I've seen the thread you're talking about and I've been trying this solution for a day or two now. Seems to work for me too.