TIVO DVR - Does not show TIVO DVR

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Erik Anderson, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Erik Anderson

Erik Anderson Bit poster

All,

New to mac, been a PC user for a long time. Just downloaded PD4 and installed TivoDesktop on my PC VM running Windows XP Pro. When I startup the Tivo Software, it does not show me any TIVO DVRs connected. This program worked previously on my PC, and I have verified my Media Key is correct.

Do I need to setup the networking side in Windows XP or is there another issue that I am not aware of?

Thanks for the help,

You newest Mac Convert!!
    Erik

2. Yeolegood

Yeolegood Member

Hello,
    Please try to switch networking mode in Parallels Desktop. To do it go to Virtual Machine drop down menu in Mac top bar. Choose Configure, in Configuration window navigate to Network Adapter and chose Bridged or Shared networking mode. Check if the issue persists.
    In case it does not help, provide us Parallels Desktop version and Build. You can find it in Mac top bar --> Parallels Desktop --> About Parallels Desktop.

3. Erik Anderson

Erik Anderson Bit poster

Still not working

Thanks for the help, but it still did not work. I had verified that I was in Bridged, but just for continuity I switched over to Shared (still could not connect) and then back to Bridged and still could not connect.

I have PD 4.0 for MAC
    Build 4.0.3810

Cannot seem to figure this one out, something simple is missing. Any more thoughts?

Thanks
    Erik