Windows 7 Crash on Startup - HELP - How to fix?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Yuvraj Boparai, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Yuvraj Boparai

Yuvraj Boparai Bit poster

Hi,

Bought Parallels yesterday and installed with DVD of Windows 7.

Installation successful, everything hunky dory IE 8 working in coherence mode.

I go to the desktop which is shared with my Mac and double click on an image to open it. It crashes. Only solution is to shut down. Shut down open back up in normal mode, it will work fine for about 5 seconds but then the whole screen freezes, can't select anything from desktop, can't use start button, can't send any keys or anything.

Reboot into Safe Mode, everything works fine but of course it is a limited mode. Troubleshooter says it can only troubleshoot in normal mode - even though normal mode doesn't work for me...

Tried removing and reinstalling Windows 7 twice now.

1) Could it be something to do with Windows Live Messenger I have installed?
    2) What could it be?

Bit peeved at the moment as don't want to have to Dual Boot Windows 7 as then the functionality of Parallels I paid for is pointless.

What do you guys suggest I do?

Also 1 more thing, once it has crashed after about 3-4 seconds after a startup in normal mode, it won't switch to coherence mode or anything.

Cheers.

2. Yeolegood

Yeolegood Member

Please try to recreate new Virtual Machine based on existing Hard Drive as follows:

a. Start Parallels. In Parallels Desktop menu bar click File -> New.

b. Choose Custom mode of installation. On the next steps leave default settings.

c. On the fourth step choose "Use an existing hard disk image".

d. Browse to your .hdd file.

e. Finish installation leaving default settings.