Coherence install in windows

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by babyk, Jan 3, 2007.

1. babyk

babyk Bit poster

I can't find any coherence.exe in windows under C:\Program FIles\Parallels

How can i get the installation files to my Windows?

I am currently using beta 3106. I use Parallels Desktop since 1970

Please help

Thanks alot

2. Atomic_Fusion

Atomic_Fusion Hunter

You don't launch Coherence from Windows. You launch from the View menu in Parallels. If you have installed 3106 and Tools, you should be able to launch Coherence. One exception is if it is disabled in Tools. Click on the Tools icon in the Ssytem Tray of XP (on the Start bar) and it should be on the list of installed Tools.

3. babyk

babyk Bit poster

I have clicked View-->Coherence,View--->VM Configurtion,View--->Customize and enable all the Coherence thing i still can't get it in my Start Menu in Windows and also C:\Program Files\Parallels

I just fresh install my Windows and removed Parallels Desktop and clean install once again and it still the same. There is no Parallels under Windows

it there anything i did wrong?

4. babyk

babyk Bit poster

anyone can help me on the coherence?

Appreciate much. THanks

5. drval

drval Pro

I don't understand what you're doing or what you're asking. "Coherence" doesn't "go into" your Windows Start Menu. You select it as described and then run the VM in the same way that you would if starting up in Full Screen or OS Window mode. The difference is that Windows apps will run "as if" they are Mac apps.

6. babyk

babyk Bit poster

The problem is, i run windows application and it won't go into the Dock in Mac. As for my understanding, the windows application will minimize into the Mac Dock if i minimize it in windows.
    I might be wrong but please correct me if i'm wrong. Thanks

7. Godrifle

Godrifle Member

This is correct; running Windows applications will appear in the Mac dock. Generally, clicking the Coherence button when in windowed mode or from the View menu will result in the desktop background disappearing, the Windows taskbar expanding across the bottom of your Mac screen, and icons appearing in your dock. However, Beta 3 doesn't do this on my MacBook Pro (in other words, Coherence doesn't work); it works just fine (since beta 1) on my iMac. Dunno what the deal is with MacBook Pros... Are you running on a MBP?

8. Godrifle

Godrifle Member

Confirmed Fix

Here's a confirmed fix:

Launch Parallels, and start Windows.

Click Start menu, select Run...

Enter the following in the Run dialog box (this will stop the Coherence service and remove it from the service list...it doesn't actually delete the program, so fear not):
    Code:
    sc delete cohrence
    Reboot Windows

Click the Start menu, select Run...

Enter the following in the Run dialog box (with quotes):
    Code:
     "c:\program files\parallels\parallels tools\cohrence.exe" install
    Seems Parallels has a typo in their executable name (note the misspelled cohrence.exe file)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2007
  9. babyk

babyk Bit poster

the weird thing is, there is not c:\program files\parallels\parallels tools\cohrence.exe such files or directory in my Windows. Weird...:( :( :(