Can't get Coherence with MBP C2D and BC

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by HawaiiMacAddict, Dec 10, 2006.

1. HawaiiMacAddict

HawaiiMacAddict Bit poster

Aloha everyone,

I have an issue with the latest update from Parallels when I attempt to run Coherence on my Core2Duo MacBook Pro, in that it never comes up. The Parallels window stays "normal." I don't have the same issue with my Core Duo iMac. My iMac does Coherence just fine. Is there an issue with the Core2Duo being 640bit and the Core Duo being only 32-bit? Is anyone else having the same result (Coherence mode not operating at all)?

HawaiiMacAddict

2. goorchid

goorchid Bit poster

Works for me!

Coherence works fine on my MBP C2D

3. Peymon

Peymon Bit poster

same with mine

4. Sonderpa

Sonderpa Member

@HawaiiMacAddict

- Did you install Parallel Tools in Windows, otherwise Coherence won't work?
    - Is Coherence enabled if you look at Parallel Tools?
    - If you have installed Beta 3038 instead of 3036, then Coherence is disabled and can't be enabled.
    (3038 solved a freezing problem on Mac Pro computers)

5. Godrifle

Godrifle Member

Try reinstalling Parallel Tools. Otherwise, this fix was confirmed on my laptop, which I updated from 1940 directly to Beta 3:

Here's a confirmed fix:

Launch Parallels, and start Windows.

Click Start menu, select Run...

Enter the following in the Run dialog box (this will stop the Coherence service and remove it from the service list...it doesn't actually delete the program, so fear not):
    Code:
    sc delete cohrence
    Reboot Windows

Click the Start menu, select Run...

Enter the following in the Run dialog box (with quotes):
    Code:
     "c:\program files\parallels\parallels tools\cohrence.exe" install
    Seems Parallels has a typo in their executable name (note the misspelled cohrence.exe file)