Upgrading Parallels 3

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Lawrence Blumberg, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Lawrence Blumberg

Lawrence Blumberg Bit poster

I'm upgrading parallels 3. Downloaded to Mac side, and opened 'install'. It looks like it will install a 'new' 3.0 with current build. Yes?No.* Will it require redoing Windows?? Will it need my key. Or, will it just upgrade my current version and then good to go. thanks. larry b

2. desgael

desgael Pro

Are you upgrading to the Parallels 4.0 version (you would need to purchase a key for that) or updating to the latest Parallels 3.0 build (no need to input any key)?
    The update (and upgrade as well) process does not require reinstalling Windows.

3. Lawrence Blumberg

Lawrence Blumberg Bit poster

upgrade 3

I just want to upgrade to newer version of parallels 3 (new build) but it looks like you're just installing a new program, rather than updating. does the new build just install and then the program works without any other installation issues?? like new key etc. lbb

4. modronmarch

modronmarch Member

As long as you are simply updating your Parallels Desktop 3 to a newer build, there will be no problems, no need for additional license keys etc - this only applies to upgrades from v2.5 or v3.0 to 4.0. You can refer to the following KB article to find the link to the latest .dmg package with the desired language locale:

http://kb.parallels.com/en/5802