Version 3.0: Still on 5608, can't upgrade to 5636

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by thesheep, Mar 28, 2009.

1. thesheep

thesheep Bit poster

I'm sure I've upgraded at least once over the past 6 months but nevertheless, when I click "About Parallels Desktop" it tells me that I have Build 5608 (June 2008).

When I click "check for updates" it finds an update, build 5636. However, when I download this update and try to install it, the system hangs and it never begins installing.

If I download it, quit Parallels, and try to mount the DMG file, OSX tells me that there is a problem with it. It says "Disk failed to mount. Reason: not recongized".

I'm stuck: I can't find a section of the Parallels website that lets me download different builds. Each time I download 5636 I get the same problem (tried it 4 times). How could I get a different version, say 5634?

Help!

2. mcmaiering

mcmaiering Junior Member

Errm unfortunately I don't have a solution, but I have the same problem. I'm on build 5582 and I get the same errors when trying to update. Any help from the Parallels geniuses?

3. thesheep

thesheep Bit poster

4. mcmaiering

mcmaiering Junior Member

Absolutely brilliant :D

5. mcmaiering

mcmaiering Junior Member

Ok, maybe not so brilliant... It wants an activation Key and my purchased one wont work...

6. mcmaiering

mcmaiering Junior Member

And parallels has also stopped working, it will not start any of the 3 VMs...

7. STim

STim Bit poster

Here is the KB article that should help upgrade: http://kb.parallels.com/en/6191

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  8. KevinClarke

KevinClarke Product Expert

I also used the KB article - http://kb.parallels.com/en/6191 And it has seemed to work ok. However, My previous build version prior to the upgrade was 5626 and not 5608.

Regards
    kevin

9. andreas harbauer

andreas harbauer Bit poster

german version

Hi is there a german version for build 5636 also availabe? or is a newer version than 5626 in german available?
    our key's won't work with the english build of 5636!

thx a lot!

10. KevinClarke

KevinClarke Product Expert

Hi Andreas,

Good question - I think you might need to send this question directly into Parallels email support - pd@support.parallels.com

Regards
    kevin

11. modronmarch

modronmarch Member

12. andreas harbauer

update

is there still a german version (5636 or newer) available now?

13. andreas harbauer