keyboard and mouse issue in 3106 and 3094

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by cobia, Jan 4, 2007.

1. cobia

cobia Bit poster

the problem exists when the keyboard/mouse are unplugged and replugged in to a running parallels

We use a KVM switch to go between a G5 imac and an Intel imac running Parallels

when we boot parallels it works fine, switching to the other mac and then going back causes the problem

the mouse icon is stuck in place but i can still move an invisable mouse around and it will click
    i cannot get the mac mouse out of windows with out quitting parallels - i do this by hitting contol escape, then u and u again to shut down windows
    at the point windows shuts down i quit paralells and the mouse is back!
    a reboot into paralells then work until i switch away and back again.

i removed the KVM switch and unplugged the jeyboard and mouse from a apple usb extension aand then replugged it in and the problem came back again

I think the unpluggin of the keyboard/mouse causes parallels to loose the mouse tracking

in 1970 and the 2 before it, it worked fine

any ideas?

2. daveef

daveef Member

Help, my parallels keeps messing up time settings:)

I am running 3106 and the time is right when i bootup paralles. then if i run a windows program it sets it off time by about 6 or 7 hours , i know i used to have that problem with bootcamp but using dimension4 or someting like that took care of it.

maybe i need to go back to the one before the beta , what number would that me and where would i find it

Am i the only one that has this happening and if not can anyone tell me how to fix it lol,

Thank, have macbook pro and running os 10.4.8

sorry cant figure out how to make this a new thread

Last edited: Jan 4, 2007
  3. daveef

daveef Member

Think i solved the problem:):)

Ok from now on , i am going to uninstall tools, then unistall parallels before doing a new version

I did that and now the time works correctly, also rebooted mac before installing new version and also rebooted before running it. Not sure which fixed it but figure that will cover all the bases

Now working much better

4. McDuff

McDuff Junior Member

same problem as original poster

I've got the same problem, and am very interested in how this gets resolved. I've tried searching the forums for KVM and yours was the only one I found that reported this. I'm running 3188 (I think that's right - it's the latest as of last week).

I'm running a macbook pro (Parallels w/ XP) and a windows machine with a corded keyboard and mouse through an iogear kvm switch. The switch works beautifully outside the parallels environment.