Help! XP stuck in continuous "chkdisk" loop

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Robert Meador, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Robert Meador

Robert Meador Junior Member

A balloon popped up telling me some file (related to cookies) was corrupt, and that I needed to run Chkdisk. I followed the instructions to run chkdisk on the next restart, then attempted to restart. Something caused the process to hang (don't know what) so I just stopped the virtual machine, then restarted. Chkdisk did run, said it fixed a whole bunch of things, then restarted the VM. Then chkdisk ran again, found no problems, continued on and a blue screen appeared for just a brief second with something about "bad image checksum", then the vm starts again, chkdisk, bad checksum, etc. forever.

What the heck should I do? I don't really know PCs I'm afraid - if it was a Mac I'd be set.

Please help...

- Bob

2. Flagg

Flagg Hunter

Robert,

Can you post a screenshot of the blue screen?

3. Robert Meador

I tried but it's only on the screen for a split second. Is there some way to get it to stick there long enough for me to read it?

4. Robert Meador

Anybody?

Perhaps I just need to restore the whole installation from my TimeMachine backup.

Can someone point me to a good Windows troubleshooting how-to site? I need to get this working - I use it regularly.

- Bob

5. Robert Meador

I ended up rebooting the VM from the CD and repairing the installation. Pain in the butt...hate Windows...