1. Winston2203

Winston2203 Junior Member

I've just upgraded my parallels software to v 4 (latest build)

Prior to this my v3 software would not work with my current host OS. During the installation I was told that my guest OS was open or suspended and to close it to proceed. Since v3 did not work I was unable to do this and so removed the VM from its proper location to the desktop to allow the installation to proceed. After installation I chose to upgrade the VM by backing up and upgrading.

Back up completed, the upgrade commenced but has now progressed no further than around 50% (step 2 of 4), where it has now been for several hours. Activity monitor tells me the process is not hung. My VM is around 26 GB, I am reluctant to quit the process and start again as this may be normal or I might simply end up in the same situation.

Any help welcome.

2. Winston2203

OK so I force quit the application, tried opening the VM, each time I did this the progress got a little further each time, eventually it worked. Needed to re-activate XP - how very MS !!!

Now all I need to do is figure out why I have no network/internet connection - although I note I'm not alone with this. Will work through the other posts and KB, but if someone has some tips here, feel free to post them.

3. voobrajulia

voobrajulia Member

4. Winston2203

Yes thanks for that, I have 2 installs of Parallels and was able to compare them.

It was the host-only setting that was causing the issues.

Everything seems just dandy for now, even though I'm using an unsupported host OS.