Parallels Tools Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by prioret, Apr 17, 2009.

1. prioret

prioret Junior Member

So the RC of Ununtu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope is out. Parallels tools does not install due to I suspect the new version of X.org

While I would love to get the tools installed, is there a way to just get the video driver installed so I can make compzis work?

2. Carlo van Onselen

Carlo van Onselen Bit poster

YES PLEASE - also running 9.04 but want to parallel windows to run adobe cs3

3. RobLith

RobLith Bit poster

Upgrading to Ubuntu 9.04 from 8.10 and I get "Ubuntu is running in low-graphics mode" and "failed to load prlvideo"

Any advice?

Regards
    Rob

4. Pepe Pepe

Pepe Pepe Bit poster

Same here! I need to install Parallels Tools in Ubuntu 9.10!
    When we have a new version?

5. Aurélien OLIVIER

Aurélien OLIVIER Bit poster

Same bug when trying to install the Parallels Tools

I installed Ubuntu 9.04 recently and I got the same error...
    Is anybody succeed in installing this package tools on a Linux distribution like Ubuntu ?
    The 9.04 version of Ubuntu include the latest Xorg server, and with this version, the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file is not directly the one used to configure the server. Xorg is now self configured... but It seems to get problems :'(

Please help :)

6. galochka

galochka Hunter

7. James O'Dell

James O'Dell Bit poster

A small suggestion

Would it be too much to ask that you try to get these updates out before the official release date of the distribution?

Another option would be to make the source code available. I'm sure the user community would have the port done in a flash.

Jim

8. Michael Heller

Michael Heller Bit poster

Seconded! The betas and RC have been out long enough that they could have had this out.

9. pjkix

pjkix Bit poster

i'm not sure if this is related to the parallels tools but i can't seem to login after upgrading to 9.04.
    i'm immediatly kicked out after a few seconds back to the login screen. even the failsafe gnome session dies, the only way i can log in is with failsafe xsession. i've tried messing about with xorg.conf but had no luck at all. anyone else have this problem or know whats going on?

10. Jeff Mesch

Jeff Mesch Bit poster

I agree with the others...the betas and the RC's are the time for Parallels to get the tools ready and test them out. They should be released as close to the actual distro release date as possible. That's exactly why they use betas and RC's in the first place.

11. znerd

znerd Bit poster

Same here

Just a "same here" - I'm hoping Parallels will provide a fix soon. I've installed Kubuntu 9.04, but Parallels tools fails to install, with the following in the tail of the log file:

:
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.28-11-generic'
    Installation of kernel modules was finished successfully
    Start installation of user space modules
    X server: xorg, v1.6.0
    Install X modules from directory: .1.6
    System X modules are placed in /usr/lib/xorg/modules
    Error: there is no X modules for this version of X server
    Error: failed to install user space applications and drivers

12. Troy Pickett

Troy Pickett Bit poster

New Version?

How would one stay abreast of Parallels turning out a new version of the tools that will work with 9.04?

BTW, I have Ubuntu 9.04 up and running in a VM, and I'm impressed.

13. iduff

iduff Product Expert

9.04 is Very Nice, would be even nicer if Parallels Tools could install successfully.

Any prediction on when the update incorporating tools that can install in Ubuntu 9.x will be released, either in beta or RTM?

14. mgi

mgi Bit poster

I agree with others. Could you tell us at least some approx. date of next release?

15. Gizmokid2005

Gizmokid2005 Bit poster

Just another same here also. I installed Ubuntu 9.04 today, and tried to install parallels tools, no go :( I'd like to try and get things up and running and use compiz too.

The sooner the better :)

16. Charles Brackett

Charles Brackett Bit poster

I Agree!

Jaunty Jackalope is ready!

Where ready!

You be ready!

17. alexofindy

alexofindy Member

I agree! We need Tools for Ubuntu 9.04 ASAP!

18. mike3k

mike3k Member

I second the request for 9.04 tools. Please don't make us wait for an official release. Parallels Tools for new operating systems should be made available ASAP without requiring a full update.

19. rekoil

rekoil Bit poster

One more vote for PT support before an official release...

20. Jeff Mesch

Jeff Mesch Bit poster

So is anyone from Parallels going to comment and give us a date on when the tools will be released?