Windows 7 RC 1 - TaskBar Missing

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Paul Rauschelbach, May 5, 2009.

1. Paul Rauschelbach

Paul Rauschelbach Bit poster

On a new install of Windows 7 RC 1, following the Parallels Tools installation, the virtual machine switches to Coherence view automatically. Upon switching back to Window view, the Task Bar is unavailable (not hidden, not in the wrong place, just missing). A newly created user also has no Task Bar. Shared Profile is not enabled. Switching to Coherence view displays the Task Bar at the bottom of the screen again. No apparent way to show the Task Bar in Window view. I assume an updated Parallels Tools is required, but it was working in the Windows 7 Beta.

2. Remco Radix

Remco Radix Bit poster

I had the same problem.. But there is a option that you have to enable.

In Parallels go to --> Applications --> Show Windows Taskbar

Hope that this will help you.

Regards

3. dylanharris

dylanharris Member

That didn't fix the same problem for me.

4. Olivier

Olivier Forum Maven

No such issue here. Though I remember I somehow had to flip/flop the Show Windows Task Bar twice in each mode (windowed / coherence) to get it to work as expected.

5. Paul Rauschelbach

Paul Rauschelbach Bit poster

This did work for me. Never used this menu before, and only remember as part of the Application Sharing function, which I disable. Not sure why the taskbar was turned off though. I would count that, and the spontaneous Coherence mode as bugs.

6. kihoalu

kihoalu Bit poster

Simply selecting Show Windows Taskbar didn't work for me. Here's what finally worked for me.

While in Coherence Mode:

Select "Show Windows Desktop"
    Select "Show Windows Taskbar"
    Select "Hide Windows Desktop"