Blackberry Under Parallels 4.0

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Knocka, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Anna Pichueva

Anna Pichueva Parallels Team

Hello everyone,

this problem is submitted to developers. We are working on the issue.

2. SteveBosell

SteveBosell Junior Member

The problem persists for me, build 3810

3. Statman

Statman Member

Same issues here as well. The VM discovered the phone once...that was it. I have tried using the config to set most of the usb devices to the computer (vs. VM).

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      7.6 KB
      Views:
  4. Amuk

Amuk Bit poster

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

5. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

6. SteveBosell

SteveBosell Junior Member

17940, did not create another report though with new build, same problem though.

7. Statman

Statman Member

I was able to set-up, sync and backup my Blackberry 8830 using blutooth. Unfortunately this does not allow me to use all of the Blackberry Desktop functions (like perform software updates on my Blackberry). USB still does not work.

8. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

9. stassi

stassi Bit poster

I suppose this is a bump

I've had this problem, and have been going back and forth on it. I've tried everything I've found in these forums, to no avail. My Blackberry won't be recognized by the Desktop Manager, although it's certainly checked in the PD4 Devices menu. It's ticket# #679782

10. Nicholas Coblence

Nicholas Coblence Bit poster

Parallels and my Blackberry won't connect

I am having the exact same problem. I plug my BB Bold into my mac when windows is on, it says that there is something connected but windows won't recognize. This is supposedly a persistent problem with Parallels and BB. I bought Parallels specifically to be able to back up my BB and now I can't!! I'm very disappointed. Is there a solution?? I'm sure i'm not the only one....

I am running the latest mac os, parallels 4.0 build 4.0.3810 and a blackberry bold

Answer to: I've had this problem, and have been going back and forth on it. I've tried everything I've found in these forums, to no avail. My Blackberry won't be recognized by the Desktop Manager, although it's certainly checked in the PD4 Devices menu. It's ticket# #679782

11. stassi

stassi Bit poster

Actually - I did finally get it to work. They do a really funky thing with the numbering. They have the .3810 build info, but then they also have sub-numbers. The one I have that seems to actually fix it, I downloaded about 2 weeks ago (out of desperation). The sub-number is .351321 - which is actually a LOWER number than the one I had installed. I've complained bitterly to Parallels about it, and they said they'd work on it, like they say to everything else.

They just released a NEW release number, yesterday or the day before. I don't know if that resolves things. I do suggest trying to get your hands on the one I'm talking about, as it's been reasonably reliable for the last couple of weeks for me...

12. Nicholas Coblence

Nicholas Coblence Bit poster

Thank you stassi! i am trying the new build but i don't know how to get the old one! any ideas??

thank you again! very kind.

13. stassi

stassi Bit poster

I suppose they removed it from their list, when they did the update. I don't have any real ideas on how to get it, as I'm very hesitant to list my email address on a message board. I think you can send me a private message with your email address, by clicking on my name, and I can email it to you. Not sure how I get the private message, but I'll keep an eye on my email box.

14. pkasin

pkasin Bit poster

How to connect to your Blackberry using USB

Well folks, after reading all of the forum posts and seeing that Parallels keeps asking for us to submit reports - and then doesn't respond, I have come up with a fix - try VMWARE FUSION instead of Parallels.

I can not believe that after such a long period of time has passed that Parallels doesn't take Blackberry users (mostly business users I might mention) seriously. One of the only reasons I need to boot into Windows XP at all is so that I can load Blackberry updates - and I can not do it with Parallels. If you take away this issue, there is very little reason why I need to have any VM App on my system tying up space.

Parallels has developed some great software, but are not on par with other software manufacturers when it comes to listening to their customer base IMHO.

15. stassi

stassi Bit poster

When I was having these problems back in May, there was a crossgrade deal, which made VMWare Fusion cost $10. It worked just fine with my Boot Camp XP partition. But, I didn't prefer the interface. I like the options and interface of Parallels better.

When Parallels came out with a new version, I tried it. It recognized my BB Storm right away. THEN, I upgraded my Missing Sync, and it broke that again. With the new MS running, you have to disable a background app, using Activity Monitor. Then, Parallels reads the BB just fine.

I haven't tried VMWare for this, because with all the zillions of attempts with different software, I can no longer authorize my XP online, and have to waste time calling India to reauthorize every time. I wonder if I can use MS v2.02 without the workaround with VMWare, or would that have interference from Missing Sync, also?

Anyone know?