Can't Download and Install Parallel Tools Update

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Paul Vadeboncoeur, May 12, 2009.

1. Paul Vadeboncoeur

Paul Vadeboncoeur Bit poster

I just updated my system (MacbookPro OS 10.5.6) to the latest build (4.0.3844) After install it said I needed to Restart my Mac. When I clicked RESTART in the window that was presented, it indicated their was an error Installing MacFuse.
    I did not know what that meant, so I restarted the system anyway.
    After restarting, I launched Parallels, which worked, but when I went to UPDATE Parallel Tools, it gives me a message that it "Is unable to Download the Installation Package".

How do I solve this issue?

2. burtd

burtd Bit poster

This is exactly what happened during my install as well.

3. revelator

revelator Bit poster

Same issue

Same exact issue for me. Would love to find out what the fix for this is.

4. galochka

galochka Hunter

Hello,

Please copy setup.exe file on the Desktop of Virtual Machine (setup.exe file is located Macintosh HD-> Library -> Parallels-> Tools-> prl-win-tools.iso-> open). For example you may copy setup.exe file on flash drive and then connect flash drive to VM and run it from Virtual Machine.

5. Paul Vadeboncoeur

Paul Vadeboncoeur Bit poster

Thanks. That worked. Although I initally missed the fact I was supposed to open the file prl-tools-win.iso file on the mac side first. Then drag the setup.exe file onto the windows desktop. But once I opened the file and saw the .exe file, all went smoothly. Thanks again.

6. Wm.

Wm. Bit poster

It is really in
    /Library/Parallels/Tools/prl-tools-win.iso

You have to open that file (recommend BettterZip) and then get that setup out. You must also put it into a shared mac<->windows folder because without this being installed, you cannot drag and drop thru the Parallels screen to Windows.

The update seems zippy so far... but the flounder right from the getgo, not a confidence builder...