Full screen problem with second display

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by jrwilco1, Apr 19, 2006.

1. jrwilco1

jrwilco1 Bit poster

I am consistently experiencing a crash of Parallels on my MacBook Pro when I do the following sequence:
    1. Connect a second display (independent - not mirrored)
    2. Move Parallels to the second display and open in full screen
    3. Disconnect the second display while still in full screen mode which cause the app to migrate to the primary display (which in my case is larger than the 1024x768 projector I was connected to).
    4. Leave full screen mode with Alt-Enter
    5. Boom. Parallels crashes here every time.

Otherwise this Beta is working great. Thanks for letting me completely retire my ThinkPad (woohoo!).

Jeff

2. davidwsica

davidwsica Member

Dual Display/Full Screen with iMac

I tried out the full screen/dual display support in beta4 today with mixed results. I'm running on a 17 Intel iMac connected to a 24" Dell 2405FPW (not-mirrored). When I move the VM (WinXP) to the Dell monitor and choose full screen it seems to work (though I can't seem to up the resolution to the monitor native of 1920x1200).

The other issue is that when I exit full screen mode Parallels/VM moves to the iMac screen and is "attached" to the menu bar and I'm unable to move the Parallels/VM windows until I restart the Parallels software.

Thanks,
    David

3. greck

greck Bit poster

I've been pretty successfully using full screen on a 2nd monitor since b4 came out the other day... the only quirk I've noticed is that if the VM window isn't more or less entirely on the 2nd monitor when it goes to desktop res (MBP primary, VM on 1600x1200 secondary), it will "full screen" half on one monitor, half on the other, and ditch all the window widgets. Runs fine, just awkward... switching back forth will straighten it out.

I have a feeling it might be because of my arrangement... I type directly on my MBP, and my secondary monitor is behind/above the MBP screen, so I end up with the menu bar in the "middle" of a double-high screen.