Anyone Install 10.5.7 Yet?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by beagley, May 19, 2009.

1. beagley

beagley Member

I would love to install 10.5.7, but I can't afford any danger to my Parallels installation or time to uninstall/reinstall.

Has anyone updated Mac OSX 10.5.7 yet?

And if so, did everything working smoothly and flawlessly?

Thanks,
    d

2. robertdbrowniii

robertdbrowniii Junior Member

I've installed 10.5.7, and most everything seems to be running ok. I am still having another problem with Parallels, though, that began before the install of 10.5.7. When I have a particular Windows app running in Parallels and then switch over to a Mac app, the Windows app no longer responds and hangs up. The app works fine as long as I stay in Parallels, but if I switch -- crash!

3. beagley

beagley Member

Oy. Clearly you shouldn't use that app. *kidding!* Best of luck.

Thanks for the news that 10.5.7 seems "all clear". I'm always nervous about major system software updates.

What version of Parrallels do you run, BTW?

4. Steelbom

Steelbom Member

< Parallels 4.0, updated, noticed nothing different.

Kind Regards
    Me

5. BrettD

BrettD Member

There are problems

So far I've had 2 problems

1) permissions on my secondary drive were stuffed up, so Parrallels would run my VM's even though Info showed me as having read/write permissions. I needed to ignor permision on that volume to get it to work.

2) Keyboard layout is now acting differently. i cannot access the shift, alt, control and Command keys. This made it impossible to log onto the Vm or work effectively. I haven't found a solution to this yet, anyone hit this one?

Thanks
    BRETT