Win7 RC1, Boot Camp, Parallels 4.0.3844, & activation

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Tom Schmidt, May 9, 2009.

1. Tom Schmidt

Tom Schmidt Bit poster

I just got a MacBook Pro and I am having activation issues with Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2003 between Boot Camp and Parallels 4.

I first set up and activated Windows 7 and Office 2003 in Boot Camp, then installed Parallels. No problem.

Every time I switch between Parallels and Boot Camp, Windows 7 needs to be reactivated. No problem but somewhat annoying.

Office 2003 also asked to be reactivated once Parallels 4 was set up. Attempting to do so failed. Deleting the opa11.dat activation file allowed me to activate within Parallels, but going back to Boot Camp again results in Office 2003 asking for activation.

This hasn't happened with my work Mac Pro using Windows XP. Is there a way to keep Windows 7 RC1 & Office 2003 activated switching between Parallels & Boot Camp?

2. JonathanC

JonathanC Bit poster

Same exact issue.

I am using a unibody macbook pro, if i obtain another RC 1 key and register while running it via parallels would that work?

I am also having activation issues with 3D studio max 2009.

So to summarize, if I try to access my bootcamp partion of 64 bit win 7 RC1 it wants me to re activate, and also kills my license for 3D studio Max 2009.

Will this be addressed in an update for parallels, or if i obtain a new key for windows, and another for programs within windows would it fix the problem?

Any type of assistance from the parallels team would be greatly appreciated in this matter.