Removing Files from OSX Library

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Fredric, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Fredric

Fredric Member

Sorry, but I could not find this in any thread.

I recently installed the latest AOL 9.0 "Security Edition" software to try and get a better AOL "experience" than I do on the Mac platform, and for the free virus & spyware software on the PC. However, it installed so many things, and seemed so quirky, that I decided to uninstall it all. Not an easy feat, as components of it remained all over the place. Finally think I got it all out, but noticed that in my OSX Users - Library - Parallels - winxp - Windows Applications folder, there are still a large number of AOL files of various kinds. Can I just trash them all?
    Thanks.

2. joem

joem Forum Maven

Ummm...There are OSX files, right? If they weren't there before you installed AOL, then you didn't need them before the AOL install so you probably don't need them now. If you want to be sure, move them to an external device before trashing them, emptying the trash, rebooting the Mac and trying your VM.

3. hookedonitunes

hookedonitunes Junior Member

don't worry you can safely delete those... they are just Aliases/Shortcuts to your various Windows AOL Programs

4. Fredric

Fredric Member

Thank you both. I removed the files, tested, and trashed them. All seems well (although I wish I could get Windows to read an SD card; it sees the multi-card reader, but not the card in it; but that is for another thread).