Blue Screens!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by haralds, Jan 5, 2007.

1. haralds

haralds Member

So. I have resolved all issues booting Boot Camp.

In Paralles, it mounts nicely as drive D:

I get the newest version of Parallels and create a native boot. Looks good under Parallels after reactivation - Parallels changes the configuration, installs drivers, and the Virtual Machine boots under Parallels from the Boot Camp drive without a problem. I shut down.

I reboot BootCamp - Blue Screens galore.

UNder OS X and Parallels - now also nothing but Blue Screens!

What gives - I did not do anything ? This is a predictable scenario...
    I have never had a response from anybody here - and I am a paid and licened user....

Will deal with it tomorrow.., Parallels is promising, but VMWare has been much more predictable and RESPONSIVE since version 1.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2007
  2. joem

joem Forum Maven

I don't understand your problem from that description. I can't tell whether you are booting a VM in Parallels or native (without OSX running). Is that your definition of native?

Latest version of what? If you mean a Parallels beta, I doubt you will get any support since it's a beta and most vendors don't offer support for beta software. Note that Apple doesn't support bootcamp because it's beta.

3. haralds

haralds Member

You are correct - native is without OS X.
    I should have known better, unfortunately, there does not seem to be any information on what Parallels is changing. System Restore removes the Parallels driver, but the system still crashes on login due to a memory exception with NTFS.sys of all things. Safe Boot works. I think, the approach taken by Parallels is risky, since they are switching comfigurations on the fly with no indication of the alternate config visible in boot camp. It is risky, because it is easy to lose track of the state. I grant you, if it works it looks easy and seamless.

I do not buy your argument on the lack of support. What is the point of doing a beta, if you do not communicate with the users having problems?

Doing a repair install now... Should have left well enough alone. Boot Camp itself is not always the most stable environment, either.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2007