Clipboard Sync does not update XP Clipboard

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by andrewstr, Mar 12, 2008.

1. andrewstr

andrewstr Bit poster

I'm running Desktop 3.0 build 5584 on Leopard and am using it to access my XP bootcamp partition. I have discovered some strange interactions with the clipboard because I use Remote Desktop Client 6 in XP a lot. In a nutshell, here is how my copy/paste works:

works:
    Leopard-->XP
    XP-->Leopard
    RDC-->Leopard
    XP-->RDC

does NOT work:
    Leopard-->RDC

To troubleshoot this I loaded the ClipBook Viewer (clipbrd.exe) on XP and the Clipboard Synchronization screen in the Parallels Tools Center (PTC) so that I could watch what was going on with the clipboard. I noticed that when I copy text in Leopard the "Current Clipboard content" window in the PTC window updates immediately HOWEVER the ClipBook Viewer is not being updated. For some reason even though ClipBook is not updated I can paste the text into the XP VM but cannot paste into the RDC window (running on the XP VM).

How can I keep the XP ClipBook in sync with the PTC Clipboard Synchronization utility?

2. StephenM

StephenM Bit poster

Andrew,

Did you learn anything more about this? I'm having clipboard problems too, but mine seem worse: if I open the Windows Clipboard Viewer (clipbrd.exe) and then do a paste in the Host OS (Mac OS X), the Clipboard Viewer hangs and so do all Windows apps that try to do a copy or paste from then on.

One thing I have discovered: when the clipboard isn't working (and assuming I haven't run the Clipboard Viewer), I can get it to work again (until the next time it breaks) by doing a paste under Mac OS X.

You mention the "Clipboard Synchronization screen" in the Parallels Tools Center; is that something that is no longer part of the product? I looked for it but could not find it.

3. AndrewS

AndrewS Bit poster

No, I never did resolve it. I have quit using Parallels so really can't answer your question.

4. MarcR

MarcR Bit poster

I have the same problem too XP with Parallels 4.0.3844