2nd Physical Windows Hard Disk in Parallels

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Doug Shannon, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Doug Shannon

Doug Shannon Bit poster

My boot camp install has two physical disks, one for Windows and one for Storage. I've set up Parallels to use the system disk, but I can't get the second disk to act like a Windows disk in the virtual machine.

The Add Hardware screen in Configure only seems to allow you to setup the boot disk, or is there something I'm missing? Basically I want the storage disk to appear in the virtual machine as a window disk rather than as a shared folder.

Any help appreciated.

2. nrbrook

nrbrook Member

3. desh

desh Bit poster

Can anyone help me accomplish this task? I can get the system disk up fine, but when I try and add the second disk in the vm configuration dialog I get the following error:

"Failed to configure the boot camp partitions hard disk. A disk configuration error has occurred. Make sure that you have read/write permissions for the disk."

When I added a second hard drive, I set it up as a "Boot Camp Partition" and pointed it to the second physical disk. I don't receive this error when adding Hard Disk 2 as a Image File.

4. desh

desh Bit poster

Anyone have any hints for this issue? I still haven't been able to add a second physical windows HD to my vm configuration. Tech support hasn't come up with a solution yet. Is a second physical drive even supported?