3106 unatable & crash reporting

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Sirreal, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Sirreal

Sirreal Junior Member

Since moving to 3106, Parallels has crashed at least once a day. The odd thing is there is no message or warning, apart from the app simply not running any more (in the dock)

Where can I find crash logs for parallels, and are they going to be any use?

If it is any use, I don't use any of the bells and whistles (Boot Camp, Coherence etc.). Although a nice to have, I would prefer a stable system.

Happy New Year BTW

2. drval

drval Pro

I have simply not seen this kind of behavior. Can you describe in a bit more detail details about your system? That might make it easier for others to provide some help.

3. Sirreal

Sirreal Junior Member

Mac Pro (3Ghz Dual)
    5Gb RAM
    Parallels 1.5Gb Ram
    No major apps running in PC environment

4. drval

drval Pro

Mouse? I've seen notes referencing problems when using Mighty Mouse as a pointing device.

5. joem

joem Forum Maven

You might try assigning about 1 gig to Parallels and 900 meg to your VM if you are running Windows, or 512 meg for *nix to see if that gives you a more stable system. If it works, you can experiment with increasing allocations, but be sure to keep the VM allocation about 100 mb below the total Parallels allocation. You might also want to report back the results of the experiment.

6. Sirreal

Sirreal Junior Member

I did increase memory to from 1GB to 1.5GB a few weeks ago. Are you suggesting 1GB would be more sensible?

7. catch23

catch23 Bit poster

I've seen it before. If you search my username you'll find some crash logs that I've posted. The whole VM just "disappears" and you get a mac window indicating the crash and asking if you want to send the crash logs to Apple. Sounds like the current build has some issues with the sound that causes a hard crash.

8. drval

drval Pro

What makes you think this is connected to sound?