Windows Vista SP2 & Parallels Desktop for Mac 4.0

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by LinkRS, Jun 12, 2009.

1. LinkRS

LinkRS Member

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would see multiple posts on SP2 by now, but there have only been a couple. I have installed SP2, and now get a warning message about Boot Camp not supporting this version of Windows when started. It seems to run OK, other than this error message. Is this a common issue, or only a few of us experiencing it? Is it a Parallels issue, or a Boot Camp issue? Thanks in advance.

Rich S.

2. Kris G

Kris G Member

I believe that SP2 is simply not yet supported. One would think that such update could be available very fast, but obviously it is not a case here. I am still waiting to get the official update to support SP2.

I am also curious how long it will take to support new OS system when it will be available in September. These guys should get their act together. :)

Kris

3. galochka

galochka Hunter

Hello,

This warning message indicates that Boot Camp has not been supported Windows Vista SP2 (officially), and they cannot guaranty proper work of Vista under Boot Camp (if it is not working under Bot Camp, it will not work prorely under Parallels Desktop too)

4. Kris G

Kris G Member

That could be simply a template message, as you have noticed the software actually works (at least for now, keep the fingers crossed). I don't think guys at parallels had access to SP2 before release, so I hope somebody is working on getting this new version fully supported. :)

Kris

5. enos90

enos90 Bit poster

Read posts on Vista SP1 issues...

May not apply to SP2, but applying SP1 before it was officially supported toasted my Windows activation database, which manifested itself in various ways (including the control panel and other admin functions not being available in Parallels) and eventually a reinstall of the Boot Camp partition.

That hurt enough that I'm waiting for official notice of support...

6. William Rule

William Rule Bit poster

Activation problems

I too got the unsupported operating system warning. I started the Vista VM anyway and it ran fine, BUT the next time I booted into Vista using Bootcamp, I was forced to activate both Vista and Office. Since I have need to operate in Windows via Bootcamp, the activation problem prevents my use of Parallels altogether. THAT's annoying.