4.0 no longer automatically resumes session on restart?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by chcsep, Jun 11, 2009.

1. chcsep

chcsep Member

When I had 3.0, I would start the day by clicking the parallels button in my OS X dock, as well as a couple of Windows programs, more or less simultaneously. With 3.0, it would automatically reopen my (suspended) Windows session in coherence mode, and the programs I had clicked would open up. Very convenient.

Since I've upgraded to 4.0, I've had a variety of behaviours, none of which are the same. Sometimes it resumes the session, but in windowed mode (screwing up my Windows desktop icons). Today, for example, it opened up Parallels with the Windows desktop greyed out, and I had to manually click "resume," and it did not remember that I had clicked to open a couple of Windows programs from my OS X dock.

Any help to get back to the way it worked in 3.0 would be appreciated.

OS X 10.5.7, Windows XP SP2, Parallels 4.0.3844

2. galochka

galochka Hunter

Dear chcsep,

We tested the case on our machine and we were not able to reproduce it.

1) Started Virtual machine and started several appliaction in Coherence mode (applications were on the Dock )
    2) Suspended Virtual Machine
    3)Resumed Virtual machinem, Applications were on the Dock

Please check configuration of your Virtual Machine:

if you wish to start Virtual Machine as you laft it last time: Configure-> Startup and Shutdown -> open as last time (you may select any you wish)
    Please check options: Configure -> Coherence (if that possible please send us screenshot)

If that does not help try to reinstall Parallels Tools

Please let us know about the results.