Can't Print in Quicken in Win XP VM

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by peej, Jun 25, 2009.

1. peej

peej Bit poster

I'm running Quicken 2008 on a Win XP VM under Parallels 4.0 (build 3844) on an iMac. Plain vanilla installation. I have a Brother MFC-7840W printer attached to my iMac. I have followed every step of the "Help" procedure for "Sharing a Mac Printer" with my Win VM.

Here's the strange thing: I CAN print CHECKS from Quicken using this setup. However, I CANNOT print Quicken reports of any kind (which is critical). When I try to print a report, all of the information is printed out as tiny, almost microscopic lines in the top 1/4 inch of the page. Help!!

2. estrelnikov

estrelnikov Parallels Team

Check printing preferences under Start/Printers and Faxes/<your printer>/Preferences/Advanced. Also check Quicken printing settings, probably it has separate settings for checks and reports or maybe you have more than one printer installed on Windows.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  3. GregAA

GregAA Bit poster

Can't Print Some Reports in Quicken Win XP VM

I'm having the same problem as the person that posted here. I run Quicken 2007 in XP VM on an iMac purchased Feb. 2011.

I checked to see that my settings are correct in Quicken and under reports it HP110 Photosmart. Year End reports print flawlessly, but monthly reconciliation reports are about one half inch square in the upper left of the sheet, just as the previous person describes. The interesting thing is that when I click on advanced in my printer set ups, it shows HP 8500 which is something of a default in parallels. I don't own one and never have.

Can somebody, help me correct this. Some of my reports print, but not all (reconcile reports). Thanks

4. GregAA

GregAA Bit poster

Can't Print Some Reports in Quicken Win XP VM I'm having the same problem as the person that posted here. I run Quicken 2007 in XP VM on an iMac purchased Feb. 2011.

I checked to see that my settings are correct in Quicken and under reports it HP110 Photosmart. Year End reports print flawlessly, but monthly reconciliation reports are about one half inch square in the upper left of the sheet, just as the previous person describes. The interesting thing is that when I click on advanced in my printer set ups, it shows HP 8500 which is something of a default in parallels. I don't own one and never have.

Can somebody, help me correct this. Some of my reports print, but not all (reconcile reports). Thanks