After running for a while... slooooooow

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by TAHARVEY, Jul 3, 2009.

1. TAHARVEY

TAHARVEY Junior Member

I'm having a problem with parallels 4 that wasn't a problem in 3.

After having parallels open for a couple days, parallels slows to a complete crawl. Operations that would take 10 secs now take 20 minutes. SLOOOW. If i close out all mac apps, it does not fix. I have to reboot parallels, and then it is back.

How do I fix this without going back to ver 3?

2. estrelnikov

estrelnikov Parallels Team

Check what process consumes the most of CPU -- right-click taskbar -> Task Manager. What exact Parallels Desktop build you are running? Do you suspend/resume the virtual machine before the perfomance decreases significantly?

3. Gustavo Scotti

Gustavo Scotti Bit poster

This seems to be another cause of paging out prl_vm_app. I'm a former Parallels Desktop for Mac user, and I've been testing version 4 for an attempt to upgrade it. So far, the trial's been amazing, but I must admit having to reboot Mac OS X every day to get a cleaned up paged virtual memory has been a frustrating experience so far.

4. estrelnikov

estrelnikov Parallels Team

Gustavo, if you submit a support ticket we could investigate the issue together. One of the options is a remote connection. Please put here the ticket ID if you decide to upgrade