Odd keyboard behaviour

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JasonO, Jul 4, 2009.

1. JasonO

JasonO Bit poster

I'm runnning a Win XP guest OS in Parllels 4 via Leopard on a new MacBook Pro.

The problem is I'm forced to re-boot fairly often because the keyboard doesn't produce the correct input.

It generally happens after switching back to Leopard and then back to the guest OS. For example, just now, after switching back quickly to Leopard, I returned to XP to the IE browser. I tried to type a URL into the address field in the browser, but instead of the 'w' character appearing on screen a secondary action ws triggered (open/close windows or something like that I can't remember exactly). And then none of the keys would produce a character on screen, just their secondary actions (which normally require Ctrl or Alt as well).

The only way to proced is to restart the guest OS. Can anyone advise what's happening and how to rectify it?

Many thanks.....Jason

2. Mac Pro 5GB

Mac Pro 5GB Member

I am having this problem all of a sudden also. Pressing the lowercase "u" starts up a utility like I have control/shift pushed at the same time. Weird.