Bootcamp Native Keyboard and Mouse dead, is there a fix?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by joemx, Jan 5, 2007.

1. joemx

joemx Junior Member

I know people are having this same problem, but I have yet to see a proper fix. Can someone from parallels please respond to this?

Everything had been working fine for the last week. I had been able to boot into bootcamp natively and VM and everything worked.. Today I got a message about 5 day expiration of my trial (dont know if this has anything to do with it but I figured I'd mention it)

Later today I tried to boot to XP natively, and I have no keyboard or mouse. I am thus stuck at the login screen. I can still boot into the VM fine.

I am running 3094 beta 2 (Which is the only version I have ever installed.) on
    a Macbook Pro 15" CoreDuo 2GHZ with 2GB memory and OSX 10.4.8,
    WinXP Pro SP2

Thanks.

Joe

Last edited: Jan 5, 2007
  2. chrisdressler

chrisdressler Junior Member

Me Too...

I've responded to this on another thread as I also have this issue, and still no answer to this either. Replying to bump this thread and hopefully get some kind of a response.

3. joemx

joemx Junior Member

bump... bump... bump...

4. joemx

joemx Junior Member

So i've installed beta 3.. VM still works, Native is still no keyboard or mouse, so no login.

I've gone ahead and purchased this software despite the lack of any response on forums or emails from anyone in the company. The product looks great, and I expect that you will iron out your software.

However, generally when I've been involved in beta programs in the past, there has been significant company presence, trying to help figure out why users are having so many problems. I understand that many people in this open beta probably should not be in a beta program, but if you are going to allow it, you should reply to people issues.

I don't intent on using some users suggested hack job to hose my windows partition, so i would appriciate some type of response to this problem. i realize I might solve this by pluggin in a usb mouse and keyboard, loggin in and reinstalling some drivers, but then again, I would hope your company is interested in finding out what cause this problem to begin with.

Thanks..

Joe

5. joemx

joemx Junior Member

fixed

Well I had the time to dig out an old PC USB and Mouse. Plugging the mouse in at the Native XP login prompt actually game me trackpad support as well. Plugging the keyboard in just got the new USB keyboard in. I logged in, and did an update drivers on the two !'s by the keyboard support in the device manage, and everything is back to normal...

Quick Summary
    ----------------------
    1) boot native XP
    2) plug external PC USB keyboard and mouse in your MAC
    3) Log in
    4) Open Device Manager
    5) Open the properties for keyboard support and update drivers on both. (don't connect to internet, just have it use the drives already on the system)
    6) back to normal.. You should be able to boot Vm and Native with no more troubles..
    7) When you lose your mouse and keyboard again go back to step one ;)

Joe