Parallels and Graphic Softwares...

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by seven-g, Jan 7, 2007.

1. seven-g

seven-g Bit poster

Parallels and heavy Graphic'Flash Softwares...

Has anyone tried to load heavy graphic softwares while on Parallels in an iMac? Like Photoshop 7/CS, Flash MX/8, Corel Draw or Illustrator 10/CS, Dreamweaver MX/8...

If so, how does it behave? Is it SLOW...SUPER SLOW like Virtual PC 6 and 7 (which crashes continuously). I got a new iMac with Intel Core Duo so Virtual PC is useless for me now. Not that it did anything before...it was BAD anyway. Parallels was purchased by a friend a few weeks ago and he is rather happy with it. He sold his Virtual PC on eBay and uses Parallels with no complaints aside from not working properly with anything but Windows XP. Any other version would give all kinds of problems. He upgraded to XP and everything is fine now. However, he is not a designer, I am.

So I was just wondering if anyone had any feedback regarding Graphic or Flash softwares with Parallels.

Thanks! :)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  2. Gerhard

Gerhard Bit poster

I use Corel Draw 7 and it works fine, the only concern I have is that it does not display fonts as nicely as it does on my Windows machine.

Gerhard

3. misterjangles

misterjangles Member

photoshop and illustrator run great for me and the speed is good. i installed flash and used it a little bit - it seemed fine as well.

the more ram you have to give your virtual machine the better. i have 2g in my laptop and windows gets 1/2 of that. i wish i could put more ram in, but that's the max my laptop goes