Trying to install parallels tools on windows 98

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JustineB, Jul 27, 2009.

1. JustineB

JustineB Bit poster

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I've been looking and haven't found an answer to my problem. I successfully installed windows 98, but I'm having troubles installing parallels tools. I went to: Devices --> CD/DVD-ROM --> Connect Image..., navigated to /Library/Parallels/Tools, but I didn't have a vmtools.iso file. Is there a specific reason? Is there a way to get it?

2. Srinivasulu.V

Srinivasulu.V Hunter

Hello,

Unfortunately, Parallels Desktop has limited number of Parallels Tools features for Windows 98 guest OS. There is only Clipboard Synchronization Tool, Time Synchronization Tool, Video driver Tool and Disk Compacting Tool.

In some cases Parallels Desktop can not install Video and Sound drivers automatically. In these cases, you should install Parallels video and audio drivers manually.

1. Go to Start menu->Settings->Control Panel->Add Hardware and click Next.

2. The wizard searches for connected devices. When the connected driver appears, click Next.

3. Click the Have Disk button- and then the Browse button. Specify the path: c\:program Files->Parallels->Parallels
    Tools->Sound/Video. Click Next

4. Restart Windows 98 guest OS.

After installing Parallels Video driver, you will see a black screen if you restart Windows 98 using Shut

Down->Restart.

3. JustineB

JustineB Bit poster

Thank you.