Can't Install Quicken

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by rks, Jul 22, 2009.

1. rks

rks Bit poster

When I try to install Quicken, I get the initial install screen, I select install then nothing happens. Any ideas?

2. Anupama A

Anupama A Pro

Hello,

Please follow the given kbase article in regards to the issue:

http://kb.parallels.com/en/4764

Please let me know the status of the issue.

Thank You.
    _________
    Anupama
    Parallels Team

3. rks

rks Bit poster

does not work

this did not work

home folder was not checked. I checked it, unchecked and no help

starting to get pissed

4. Anupama A

Anupama A Pro

Hello,

Please follow the steps below in regards to the issue:

1> Uninstall Parallels Tools and install it again.

2> Disable the antivirus which you are using.

3> Now, insert your Quicken CD-ROM. If you are prompted to install Quicken, click No or Cancel.

4> Click the Start button and select Computer.

5> Right-click the CD-ROM drive that contains the Quicken program CD and select Explore.

6> Right-click the install.exe file and select Run as Administrator. (If you are using a downloaded version of Quicken, locate the Quicken download file and right-click this file, and select Run as Administrator) If you receive a warning about unauthorized access, click Allow.

7> If you are prompted for your Administrator password, enter the password. If you did not establish an Administrator password when you installed Windows Vista, click Continue.

8> Follow the on-screen prompts to install Quicken.

9> When prompted to update the program during the installation process, click Update Now to install the latest updates.

Important Note: If the installation appears to stall, do not cancel the installation or End Task using the Windows Task Manager. Installation may take up to 2 hours to complete depending on the amount of RAM installed and other system configuration settings.

Please let me know the status of the issue.

5. jwilker

jwilker Junior Member

So can Parallels tools not be installed ever? or was that the last step, install the tools?