Installing Parallels Tools on Fedora 11

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by RussellF, Aug 9, 2009.

1. RussellF

RussellF Bit poster

I'm having a major problem installing Parallels Tools onto Fedora 11. Everything worked fine on Fedora 10, so I didn't think it would be an issue upgrading to 11 but every time I run the Tools installer, I get told 'An error occured when installing Parallels Tools' and to check my logs.

The logs are a bit out of my depth and it's kinda difficult to post them all here, but from the jist of it, I got the impression that the Tools couldn't build the kernel modules, so I've updated gcc, gcc-c++, kernel and kernel-devel to no avail.

Anyone able to shed any light?

2. PaulS

PaulS Bit poster

I have the same issue on Linux Mint 7 KDE version

I have the same issue. Logs indicate some sort of kernel dependency missing or not configured.
    I guess this is one of the latest version distro's out there so maybe something needs to be updated? Bit beyond my skills.....most osx and win skills here.
    From what i can see of the logs below though it looks like the x server is a later version than what the Parallels Tool Drivers can support. Clipboard not working yet so had to do screengrab of the log.

[​IMG]

3. PaulS

PaulS Bit poster

Same issue on 'Linux Mint 7 KDE'

I have had the same issue albeit with 'Linux Mint 7 KDE' distro.
    I am mostly OSX and WIN Support but from what i can see of the logs it looks like the X Server : v1.6.0 is too new for the parallels tools.

I have posted a screenshot of the log as i cannot clipboard it due to tools not yet being installed.

http://yfrog.com/0xparalleltoolslogp

4. bootuser

bootuser Bit poster

Same issue Fedora 13 (64-bit)

Same issue.

Seems like Parallels does not support X server: x.org. V1.8.0

see attached file: parallels-tools-install.log

5. joevt

joevt Forum Maven

Right. X Server 1.8 is too new but 1.6 and 1.7 are not. (Parallels Desktop 5.0.9370).