error at start of VM of kernal component mismatch

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by PatrickP, Aug 13, 2009.

1. PatrickP

PatrickP Junior Member

I have started getting the following message when starting the guest XP PRO VM.
    ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO START THE VIRTUAL MACHINE?
    One or more kernal components loaded on your Mac are for another version of Parallels Desktop. If you start the Virtual Machine now, it may work incorrectly. To solve this problem, restart your Mac. If the problem persists, re-install Parallels Desktop.

I have restarted the Mac multiple times and the error continues to come back. I re-intalled Paralles, but when I start the existing VM or try to create a new one, I get the same error. I have even done a uninstall of Parallels from the install screen, but the problem is still there. Any ideas? I also was getting an access error to a file, but I did not see that this time. I do not have the MacBook Pro handy to look for that error. If you have no ideas as to how to resolve the kernal components mismatch error, can you tell me how can I completely remove all components of Parallels to start over from scratch.

2. VBR

VBR Member

Hello,

Click on the link below and follow the instructions given in the article.
    http://kb.parallels.com/en/6317

NOTE : You should only follow this article if you are using Parallels Desktop 4.0 with build number 3844

3. PatrickP

PatrickP Junior Member

The program worked great. I had hoped it would also clear up an issue I have with networking. I can only get the bridged networking to work. If I choose Shared, the IP address changes from my local network (192.168.x.x) to a 10.x.x.x address. Do you have any trouble shooting tips for that?

4. WilliamF

WilliamF Bit poster

This did not help me any more ideas

I tried running this and no luck still get the same message I have a brand new imac and a fresh install of snow leopard and then purchased parallels at the same time and installed and during the install the installer said a newer version was available so I downloaded it and this is the message I get "Are you sure you want to start the virtual machine? One or more kernel components loaded on your mac are for another version of parallels desktop. If you start and so on" so I uninstalled and rebooted and reinstalled and rebooted and tried the above link and still same message.

5. PatrickP

PatrickP Junior Member

I would open a new problem and title it something like Snow Leopard error at start of VM of kernal component mismatch. Since Snow Leopard has only been out for 3 days now, the title should get Parallels support attention and hopefully they will get a fix for you soon. I am afraid your issue will not get the attention it deserves buried in my problem.

6. WilliamF

WilliamF Bit poster

Thanks I will post it