Version 3116? MacWorld

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Mac Pro 5GB, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Mac Pro 5GB

Mac Pro 5GB Member

Version 3116? MacWorld, pictures now

I was at the Parallels booth at MacWorld yesterday and the person giving the demo said he was running version 3116 and that it was available for download. I got a USB drive from them that has version 3110 on it. How do we get to the download of the latest versions? I will install 3110 and see what is up with it.

By the way I have never had any problems with Parallels. I do not use Boot Camp or try to boot from a Boot Camp partition.

The Parallels booth was mobbed. Very busy and a lot of interested people. Many more people at the Parallels booth than the VM booth. But at the VM booth they had the isight cam up and running with the windows camera program on a Mac. I think they were running this to poke at Parallels.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2007
  2. Mac Pro 5GB

Mac Pro 5GB Member

Version 3110 has a new set of Parallels tools for Windows from 3106. I just installed it and upgraded Parallels tools. I will do some playing around with it and see how it is.

3. rjgebis

rjgebis Hunter

Where is the link?

4. Mac Pro 5GB

Mac Pro 5GB Member

I don't have the link. I got it on a USB drive at the Macworld show from the Parallels booth. They did tell me that it was available for download and I am trying to find the download link for version 3116 as well.

5. Mac Pro 5GB

Mac Pro 5GB Member

Here a a couple of shots from Macworld. The Parallels booth had a ton of people around it. The VM Ware booth was not busy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. UKP

UKP Member

Last edited: Jan 10, 2007
  7. Mac Pro 5GB

Mac Pro 5GB Member

That link goes to 3106 not 1320.

8. UKP

UKP Member

Yeah sorry about that. Fixed now.

9. Mac Pro 5GB

Mac Pro 5GB Member

10. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

11. Mac Pro 5GB

Mac Pro 5GB Member

OK I see you fixed it. Thanks.

12. drval

drval Pro

Does this mean that an actual later beta is now posted and downloadable from there?

Does anyone know what features have changed or where that information can be obtained?

13. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

There has been no official announcement that I have seen. It appears to be a back door copy from the beta distro site. It's another process improvement opportunity.

14. digiot

digiot Bit poster

Ok so who is going to be the brave soul to try it out???

15. rich.mcdonough

rich.mcdonough Bit poster

Done. I detect no changes, just misc big fixes I'd imagine.

16. maverick808

maverick808 Hunter

I tried it. Didn't notice any difference other than the auto-resizing of the screen resolution in the VM no longer works. For example, if I resize the VM window to half its size then the VM resolution stays the same and is too big to view (no longer fits in the window).

I uninstalled Parallels Tools before I upgraded and installed the new version of Parallels Tools after upgrading and I still had this problem.

So, I wouldn't recommend it. It doesn't seem any faster and there are no new features as far as I can tell. I've gone back to 3106 so I don't have the resizing bug.

17. drval

drval Pro

Was that "big" fixes or "bug" fixes....;)

18. leejsci

leejsci Member

I'm doing it right now.. i had 3106 and had network issues... hope this will help..:)
    keep you posted..

19. misterjangles

misterjangles Member

resolves crashing?

I've had to go back to the latest stable because parallels just would crash after a few hours on me without warning. i would be curious to know if anybody had that same issue and 3120 resolves it? obviously it would take a few days to figure that out.

i would guess that, knowing the details about the currently releaesed betas, not to expect too much from this "back door" beta release.

but, i do miss drag-n-drop and network changing on the fly. i want the new version to just not crash on me so i can go back to it!

20. elan

elan Junior Member

I'm running it to see if the crashes I was seeing (usually happened during the night, when I wasn't doing anything) and the extreme memory problems (jumped up pretty quickly to 1.3GB, when I told it to only use 400MB max) are gone.

So far the Real Memory's creeping up to 500MB in an hour of idleness, which seems really wrong. I wonder if Parallels ever reclaimed unused memory.