effect of killing prl_cc.exe?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by blb@msn.com, Jun 6, 2009.

1. blb@msn.com

blb@msn.com Bit poster

Like a lot of people (at least from posts) i get high cpu from prl_cc.exe while running windows server 2008 on parallels 4.0.3884 on a mac pro. so the first thing I do is kill the task prl_cc.exe. what problems are created or features disabled by killing this task?

2. estrelnikov

estrelnikov Parallels Team

You will lose the ability to drag & drop files between Mac and Windows side. It seems you have some antiviral software installed on Windows side like Symantec, McAfee or AVG (especially of there are more than one installed). Please try removing it and see if it changes the behavior. Third-party antiviral software and firewalls often block Parallels services

3. TorstenH

TorstenH Bit poster

I have the same problem while using the Parallels Internet Security

I have the same problem while using the Parallels Internet Security!

Does this mean, the problem exists with Kaspersky, too?

Thanks.

Torsten

4. irwinl

irwinl Bit poster

I've noticed that whenever I copy a large image from PowerPoint to Word, I get the same issue (prl_cc.exe driving CPU utilization to 100%). I am running XP on a MacBook Pro 10.5.8, using Office 2003. I am not running any anti-virus on windows.

So far my only fix has been to reboot windows.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  5. jnimmo

jnimmo Junior Member

I'm constantly having this problem lately; I'm running Microsoft Security Essentials but have realtime protection turned off. It only started happening after upgrading to Parallels 4.0.