No internet in Parallels using Windows 7

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Nils K, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Nils K

Nils K Bit poster

I just installed the latest version of Parallels 4 and the Windows 7 experimental version. Shared networking, but no internet in Windows. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Nils

2. Srinivasulu.V

Srinivasulu.V Hunter

3. NelsonY

NelsonY Bit poster

I have the same problem. My network works great under OSX, but is non-existent under all settings in Parallels. VM Fusion had 100% for all my devices... but it's 3D performance was unusable due to them disabling acceleration on my ATI card.

4. Anupama A

Anupama A Pro

Hello,

In regards to internet please check if this settings will work:

1. Go to Devices -> Network Adapter 1.
    2. Choose bridged networking.
    3. Then choose the default adapter, or the adapter name that has been listed there.

Also, please update to the latest build.

5. HudsonB

HudsonB Bit poster

Brand new download of MacOS Parallels yesterday. Two problems. Don't know if they are related.
    1. Can't get Parallels Tools to install.
    2. Can't get WinXP to see my Airport connection to the Internet. No IP address is displayed for the "Local Area Connection". On the MacOS side, Both shared and Host-only adaptors seem to be working and are showing IP addresses. I've tried everything I can think of.

6. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

7. RTRoling

RTRoling Bit poster

I can not get my VM to access the Internet. I get a message saying to be sure my network adapter 0 is available and active. I can't see or add a network adapter because the +/- are not active as well as the enable button, it is active and can npt be disabled. Any ideas?

Ron

8. lainworks

lainworks Bit poster

What do you do if your local network has to be bridged because a peripheral device requires a bridged connection?