Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by kevinw, Aug 13, 2009.

1. kevinw

kevinw Hunter

So isn't it strange that there isn't much chatter here about whether or not Parallels will work with Snow Leopard, I just assume 1000's of people will be changing the OS in September and that's pretty close. I'd llike to know if it will work.

2. Anupama A

Anupama A Pro

3. kevinw

kevinw Hunter

I guess my point exactly, I assume that you have had Snow Leaopard in its various release seeds all along. Yet there are are only "2" post from userswho have tried to install Snow Leopard Server and the last response from Parallels was in May of 2009. With the pending release in September I think people want to hear from Parallels where they are at in having Paralells work with Snow Leopard and not just some forum banter which I am sure will follow.

I guess we are looking for: 1) Are you testing it? 2) Will it work with the current version ay the start 3) Will it require a new release from Parallels or ????

4. Anupama A

Anupama A Pro

Hello,

You can install Parallels Desktop 4.0.3844 on Snow Leopard.

5. bi11

bi11 Hunter

I think he was asking about installing Snow Leapord as a guest OS in Parallels. I never got it to work and gave up. I use Virtual Box to run Snow Leapord as a Guest OS.

6. kevinw

kevinw Hunter

Well that's pretty definitive. No problems at all. Can't wait to get it and try it.

7. kevinw

kevinw Hunter

Bill, thanks but no I was talking about having Snow Leopard as the host OS and installing Windows (XP Pro or Maybe Windows 7 which I guess is also not totally determinable yet as the guest OS

8. InterHmai

InterHmai Bit poster

I've also never been able to install Snow Leopard as a guest OS (client/server). 1st Gen MacPro, 10.5.7 or 10.5.8. Snow Leopard Server (previous build) got as far as installing, but then crashed trying to restart after the install completed. Forcing a restart caused a GuestOS kernel panic.

I'm downloading the latest seed versions of both and will try again.

9. kevinw

kevinw Hunter

InterHmai

Thanks for your input, I someow didn;t think it was going to be quite as easy as Parallels reply. Nothing has in the past.
    Keep the info coming dude.

10. Mike Barnett

Mike Barnett Bit poster

and 5.0 beta?

11. Horn

Horn Bit poster

Running beta 5 with no problem

Hi Just updated the 10.5.8. to 10.6 and all is working even faster :) i see no difference, just faster

Im running XP pro, XP home, Win7 and Ubuntu

Best Michael

12. ElizabethD

ElizabethD Bit poster

upgrading Leopard to snow leopard

The most common question, you would think, is whether those of us with Leopard as the host OS...that already have Parallels 4.0 running smoothly with Windows XP as the virtual PC OS...can we safely upgrade to Snow Leopard as our main (host) OS?

I would think this question would be prevalent - I very much want to download Snow...but am worried b/c Parallels lists it as experimental. Has anyone done this with success?

13. Mike Barnett

Mike Barnett Bit poster

I have installed Snow Leopard on a Mac book Pro with parallels 4.0. It works perfectly. No difficulties so far as I can determine.

Good luck.

14. ElizabethD

ElizabethD Bit poster

That's the answer I was looking for. I wonder that it's not easier to find out...thank you. I am also using Macbook Pro, so will go ahead and give it Snow a try.

15. ace354

ace354 Bit poster

I've had problems... the installation process seems to have disabled networking capability due to an extention error. No solution yet.

16. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hello ace,
    Please create a support-ticket at http://www.parallels.com/support/desktop/request/

Please provide detailed description in the ticket (how it appears, what are strange messages at start of Parallels etc) and supply a problem report number (it can be sent from Parallels Desktop menu Help -> Report a Problem)

17. CliveH

CliveH Bit poster

Activation problem

Installed SL on saturday - No problems.
    Installed Parallels 4.0 last night.
    Went to install Xp tonight - Invalid Key - error message.
    Running 4.0.3846 - any ideas.
    Copied and pasted original activation key - NBG - then tried keyboard - still same problem.
    Any Ideas.
    Have just sent report to Parallels - hopefully will find out soon.

Still prefer SL to Windoze any day - No Contest.

18. HenryW

HenryW Bit poster

64 bit snow leopard will not let me run my parallels server. I am running parallels 4.0 for the Mac and am using it to run windows server 2003 sp2. This worked fine before I upgraded to snow leopard.

The error I get is "Unable to load the parallels driver" restart your mac and try again.

Has parallels 4.0 been tested to run on snow leopard in 64 bit mode?

19. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

20. rbdamm

rbdamm Junior Member