Mouse inconsistencies

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Parallels User, Jan 9, 2007.

1. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

2. ninjo

ninjo Bit poster

Cursor Issues - Desktop Beta 3

Parallels Team: I'm having similar issues. I never realize when it happens, so I'm not sure how to replicate, but the Windows cursor will be fine for a while when I'm working, but something will happen (again, I don't notice when it does happen), and then I'm stuck with the OSX cursor in windows. This wouldnt be a problem except that I'm often using Photoshop on XP (when i notice my cursor isn't right) and need the cursor to show me my Photoshop tool instead of just the black arrow from OSX.

3. STim

STim Bit poster

Guys,

Thanks for posting. I personally observe this issue though I don't have a testcase I can pass to developers yet. I just can't understand how to cause this behavior.

In any case, we're doing our best to have it fixed by the final release.

Best regards,
    Tim

4. drval

drval Pro

Are you using Coherence?

5. ninjo

ninjo Bit poster

Yes. using coherence and i dont actually notice the issue right off--i've been working for several hours and it just happened... i honestly wouldn't mind having the OSX cursor present in windows, its just the photoshop tools thing that becomes an issue when the cursor doesnt change to the tool.

6. STim

STim Bit poster

Yep.

But I can't be sure Coherence is necessary for this problem reproducing - I just don't use Fullscreen or OS Window mode :)

Best,
    Tims

7. STim

STim Bit poster

The problem has a very quick workaround. Go to View->OS Window and View->Coherence again. The cusror is to be back normal.

Best regards,
    Tim