Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by planeBrad, Nov 7, 2008.

1. aporter

aporter Bit poster

I was able to install Parallels tools with Windows 7 beta in Parallels 3.

Go to D: inside the win 7 VM
    Right click on PrlTools
    Click Properties
    Click Compatibility
    Check Compatibility Mode and choose Windows Vista

Close properties and run the file.

2. jimcoyle

jimcoyle Hunter

Where did you find the audio drivers? All is well with my Windows 7 installation except sound, and Windows Update is not offering an optional update for these drivers.

3. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Windows updates work if W7 is 32 bit,
    otherwise you can try Realtek AC97 drivers for Vista

4. Mike Holliday

Mike Holliday Bit poster

Sound in Windows 7

Windows 7 in Parallels on a Mac Mini. Just run Windows Update and it is one of the optional installs. Sound even works on my Firebox without even having to reboot the VM. Thanks for the advice.

5. milinshah

milinshah Bit poster

I installed the video/mouse drivers manually; and they are working just fine..

6. cny_geek

cny_geek Junior Member

Low sound output

Installed 32bit Win7 RTM via Bootcamp on a 2009 24" iMac and it works fine...installed Parallels 4 and pointed to Bootcamp install. Everything worked except the sound....I went to Windows Update and it found drivers (can't remember, but think it was Intel audio drivers). Now the sound works, but only if I put the volume slider up at near maximum and crank the physical volume wheel on my speakers. In other words, sound output level is way too low. I went into Win7 Sounds control panel and everything seems fine.

Any ideas?

7. JayPeeEss

JayPeeEss Bit poster

USB Not Working

Installed Windows 7 under Parallels 4. Seems to work fine (lot quicker than Vista) and logging into corporate domain ok through firewalls - all quite impressive given previous issues i had getting Vista there.. HOWEVER

Curiously whilst i got past the sound issue / drivers that most have reported, I get no USB support at all. There not listed, there's no option to show / attach to USB devices already hooked into OSX and there's no obvious way to 'install' them given the Parallels separation of hardware through generic drivers.

I think it's something to do with the fact i have OS type as Windows:Other, but when ever i set it to either Windows:Vista or Server2008 the OS refuses to boot, continually hanging around the Windows is Loading start-up screen.

It's like putting it to either of these two options (vista/server) is exposing further hardware to the OS (possibly the missing USB) but then these are crashing Windows7 on start-up. (Or i'm completing mis-reading the situation).

Anyone else seeing this, any ideas?

Cheers

TechSpec: 15.4" MacBookPro - 4Gb ram, 256mb gfx

8. DomenicoP

DomenicoP Bit poster

Win 7 and Lan

Hi,

I'm new on parallels, I insalled Windows 7 RC 32bit on Parallel 4 (last version) and I'm using an iMac. It's working fine but I have no audio (but I just read that I could try to solve with some Vista drivers) and I don't have any lan even if I'm using a routers with ethernet. Windows 7 doesn't see any connection but on the other vm with Windows XP I can use the lan very well without any configuration.

Anyone can help me with lan connections?

9. RickG

RickG Bit poster

Is anyone having any issues with Windows 7 x64 and Parallels? I have it installed and it has been working fine (audio, lan, etc.) except for one thing: I don't know if I did it when I tweaking Parallels but now if I let the window sit for a while, it will automatically go into PAUSE mode. I click on the button to un-pause and that's where it just locks up. I get the Windows 7 blue spinny thing forever. Anyone have any ideas where to look to disable the auto-pause? Thanks!

10. Boomdude

Boomdude Bit poster

I have the same problem, though I'm going to start over again & this time around a) increase the video ram to 256 and b) install Parallels Tools in compatibility mode for Vista... seems like everything was going well until I installed that.

I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, setup as Windows Server 2008. I'm also trying to switch from VMWare Fusion to Parallels & have been running the 7 RC in VMWare with it set to Server '08 as well. Did the same for the public beta back in January. Seems to be the common thread that works.

11. AppleC

AppleC Bit poster

XP Modus under Windows 7

If somebody has an idea like one Win XP Modus among Windows 7 him starts. Windows 7 runs very well in Parallels Desktop 4.0 on my MacBook. But I cant start the new XP Future under Windows 7, because the message is: there are no Hardware Virtualisation.

12. ArabianK

ArabianK Bit poster

Thank You very much this has been a big help