Error starting with Boot Camp partition...

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by travisbell, Jan 8, 2007.

1. travisbell

travisbell Bit poster

Hey guys, I have searched a bit bit can't seem to find anyone else with this exact problem. Here's a screen shot of what I get...

http://consumeroo.com/files/parallels_boot_camp.png

Now, I have read everything and followed all the steps, yet still get this error. Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks in advance,

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
  2. fluffybunny

fluffybunny Bit poster

I have this same error any help would be appreciated

3. Rabo

Rabo Bit poster

I also get this error, fresh parallel installation

4. ClunkClunk

ClunkClunk Junior Member

Same problem here.

5. gracemolloy

gracemolloy Member

Edit: for you guys with the driver error. Make sure you have X11 installed. It got me past that particular error message.

Unable to open boot camp disc image!!!!!

Please guys, I've got a credit card with your name on it as soon as this freakin works!

I HATE having to native boot into Windows for my company. Please let me stop doing this.

6. travisbell

travisbell Bit poster

Curious, why would X11 have anything to do with this? Is X11 a requirement to get Parallels working?

7. ClunkClunk

ClunkClunk Junior Member

I had the error that stated:
    In the Parallels User Guide it has some info about this error:
    When I did this, I had driver.cab on my XP disc, but I did not have sp1.cab or sp2.cab. If I copied driver.cab and tried Parallels, I got the same error. I fixed it by locating another copy of an XP install disc, and digging in the disc to find the sp2.cab file, dropping it in to the i386 folder, and trying Parallels. After I did that, Parallels Desktop functioned exactly how it should with my Boot Camp partition. I'm not too sure why my disc doesn't have that file. It's an XP Pro Corporate Edition, SP2.

Either way, my successful steps were these:
    1. Boot directly to XP via Boot Camp
    2. Copy sp2.cab from XP disc (or download it perhaps) to C:/windows/driver cache/i386
    3. Reboot back to Mac OS X
    4. Set up Parallels Desktop to use Boot Camp