How to install build-in iSight in windows vista through parallel

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by LiuL, Sep 1, 2009.

1. LiuL

LiuL Bit poster

Hi,

I cannot use build-in isight in windows vista through parallel. It is showing in msn tools that there is no webcam installed but it still can see friends' video but they cannot see me.

Can any one tell me how to install or use isight in windows vista as normal pc step by step pls???
    Thanks

2. Anupama A

Anupama A Pro

3. Eddie Tsang

Eddie Tsang Bit poster

Although I'm not using Vista but I guess the driver installation method should be the same as Win XP. But the suggested solution doesn't work when my isight stops working after Snow Leopard upgrade. I tried both the Leopard and Snow Leopard disks and even the installation program (Win) said the iSight installed, but the result is the iSight not working. Win XP just keep telling me a unknown device connected every time I try to enable iSight from Parallels' device menu.

4. BernardH

BernardH Junior Member

I have the same problem with Windows Vista using Snow Leopard :(
    I really regret buying Parallels. It simply does not work with Snow Leopard and my new MacBook Pro is in serious danger of becoming fried due to excessive heat when trying to run Parallels.
    Support do not seem interested either!