Win7 + Snow leopard + latest parallels = slow

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by GFBurke, Sep 9, 2009.

1. GFBurke

GFBurke Member

This may be a Win7 issue. New MBP 13in.

-win7 7600 ultimate (tried 64 and 32)
    -latest parallels
    -Snow leopard.

I even tried Fusion, and same issue. Just horribly slow. Even during running the installer.
    I dug around a bit.. but didnt' find a "Snow leopard | parallels" issues right away.

Thanks~
    jamie

2. GFBurke

GFBurke Member

Nobody tried this combo? Not only is it slow, it about kills the whole osx speed as well.

3. jon hemmingsen

jon hemmingsen Bit poster

Win 7 (32bit RTM), SL 10.6.1, MBP 13 and normal speed

I am running the same combo on the same machine with good speed but it is worth noting that I am using a fast SSD! Have you tried enabling both CPU's in parallels as well as using a non resizing disk image? Also note that the prebuild MBP drives really not are among the fastest. I changed from 5400 rpm to SSD and now I can code in Visual Studio 2008 while running a postgres database in OSX and everything feels snappy.

Jon

4. ingaI

ingaI Bit poster

For me it is working fluently: Installation fast and without problems.
    I only experience problems when it comes to sharing data beetween virtual machine and osx. This really is slow...

I am on a MAC PRO Quad 2,93GHZ.

5. GFBurke

GFBurke Member

Hmm, I have not tried to enable dual core in the VM. I'll try.
    Thanks.

6. GFBurke

GFBurke Member

Well that helped out a lot. Setting the VM to dual core.
    Hey, I attempted to download the 9m Nvidia series vid driver. Looks like it dosn't like it. I assume we can run DX9 with this nvidia card in parallels? I havn't searched around much. But I am just doing this to test Steam|L4D really..