Full Dual Monitor Support (WinXP on OSX)

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by sud0n1m, Apr 18, 2006.

1. ArtS

ArtS Bit poster

Add me to the list _ Fusion does this just like running windows natively!

I use a MacBook Pro 15" with a 23" external monitor, requiring both screens to use same resolution and making windows think you have one huge monitor is very cluncky for all the reasons mentioned above. Please address this, it's too much work to go back to Fusion!!

2. LyndonJ

LyndonJ Bit poster

Me too!

Yes, I as well need dual monitor support, a must for Illustrator and Microstation productivity.
    Please add it in the next release (or soon)!!

3. DueyE

DueyE Bit poster

Three years and no direct evidence?

I'm deeply concerned with Parallels lack of communication on this issue. Never have I seen THREE solid years of a user-base asking for something with only shreds of response from this vendor. I bought this product on the recommendation of a friend, and I have to say... based solely on the poor leadership/communication of this company, it is a joke compared to others.

It's time (THREE years... really?) for someone at Parallels to step up and give us something on this? If the answer is, "we don't know how to make it work." Give us that, at least. Silence is not an option anymore. We pay our hard earned money for a product that is, quite frankly, behind the competition.

4. joevano

joevano Bit poster

Hate to disappoint you, but they do support Multiple monitors.

Virtual Machine>>Configure>>Features>>Coherence>>'Use multiple displays'

5. DueyE

DueyE Bit poster

Sadly, no...

That only allows Coherence to "spread" the display on to two monitors. It DOES NOT allow two monitors. Check your "System" control panel and look under Devices... voila... only ONE display device named Parallels Display Adapter.

You cannot have programs designed to run in two separate monitors actually produce two completely different screens for each window virtual 'monitor.'

And that's exactly what this thread is about. I appreciate you reply, but I wish people would truly read before responding.

6. Joshua Wong

Joshua Wong Bit poster

I've read that they are working on this (a January 2009 post) and it is now October of 2009. Can we get an update on how soon we can expect this feature to work?

I am really enjoying Parallels and the wealth of features it has. However, this is an important one and thought it a basic feature to have, especially if the competition has it already.

If we could get an update, that would be great. Thank you.

7. Alessandro Volz

Alessandro Volz Bit poster

We need this as well

We need the multiple full screen monitor feature in out company as well. We intend to use Parallels for calibrating the monitors, as the calibration tool is only available for Windows and as calibration is necessary in the health care industry. Please, give us some feedback about this issue.

8. RabbitL

RabbitL Bit poster

I also wait to upgrade. Two separate monitor is very important. Wait for next release.

9. BernhardB

BernhardB Hunter

RabbitL - the feature is part of PD 5, which is already released.

10. wallywattz1

wallywattz1 Bit poster

Is this definitely in version 5. I just bought version 4 and hate to upgrade so soon, but this feature is necessary.

11. IainW

IainW Bit poster

It works!

Just confirming - it works! Separate monitors, separate resolutions.

Woohoo - after years of waiting, it's here.

12. marcusS

marcusS Bit poster

Multiple Monitors in Parallels 5 useful for engineering?

Dear readers,

This might be a stupid and/or trivial question for a lot of you, I am sorry if this is the case....

I have studied the forums and it is still not clear for me if Parallels5 will support dual monitors under windoze XP.
    For engineering electronics this would be *great*:
    Schematics on my left monitor, layout on my right. By using Expose I can switch between the nice MAC OS functionality and the bogging Windoze XP eazy (note: unfortunately lots of engineering stuff is only written for the buggy Windoze OS, but now with MAC we can kick it down and restart it without lots of time ;-) With Expose I use parallels4 with only 1 screen for windoze-XP.
    I am quite sure that for a lot of engineers (and graphical/mechanical designers) this is exactly what we want.

Question is: Does Parallels 5 support multiple monitors for Windoze-XP? Then, I upgrade right away!

Any comments, hints and/or tips are more than welcome,

Thanks a lot & cheerio,

Marcus

13. IainW

IainW Bit poster

Yes. I'm using it that way. Schematics on one monitor, PCB layout on the other.