Can't download 3846 update anyone else have this issue

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by RoyA, Sep 2, 2009.

1. RoyA

RoyA Bit poster

I have submitted at least 4 tickets and get the same canned response.

I login
    I check my email
    I click the link in the email from them

I get a 403 Forbidden page.

I GET NO WHERE.

So I submit another ticket.

I get the same response.

At this point I'm ready to just trash the product. No one tells me why. No one gives me another suggestion. I have asked them to just send me the image file. No response just the same instructions .

2. Anupama A

Anupama A Pro

3. MrC

MrC Bit poster

Did that fix your problem?

Roy

I'm having the same 403 - Forbidden problem. Did the link that support provided you work? I submitted a ticket and got a reply that it would take them 3 days to get to it. Looks like you may have found quicker support but I wonder if it helped you. I really don't understand why they make it so hard to download what you've already paid for.

4. Anupama A

Anupama A Pro

5. ladnitad

ladnitad Bit poster

same issue error 403 forbidden

i too cannot download this update and when i try the links provided i get the error message 403.

6. BRUCEY

BRUCEY Bit poster

Can't download 3846 either

I have already upgraded to snow leopard, PDT for mac notifies me of the new upgrade, I go though the following steps:
    1. Parallels update 4.0.3846 available: I click Install.
    2. Welcome to parallels Desktop 4 Mac Installer, I go through all the steps.
    Introduction>read me>license>feedback(i click No)>installer closes for no reason. Other attempts, it goes all the way to last button to install then closes. On some attempts the read me and license text is missing and it is a blank page. The last time when the installer closed, I get a error message " The operation couldnt be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecountroller error-1.) Couldn't open "Install.mpkg".
    Any ideas?

7. KyleM

KyleM Bit poster

Can't download 3846 update

I have newly installed snow leopard and parallels tries to automatically install the update with no success just as mentioned before. Then I go to the website and click on the link to download the new build but it transfers me to my account saying that my account is disable and that I need to confirm it with an e-mail they send me. So I go to my e-mail to confirm and activate my account but when I click on the link it says the activation code is wrong or expired. I don't know if it thinks I am just trying to re-up for another trial version, because I did a trial before purchasing, so now I am stuck. I have click on other links but I get the same stupid 403 error too. Wow thanks parallels for such a streamlined update!

8. TNSWT

TNSWT Bit poster

I found that clicking on the hyperlinks sent by Parallels Support gave me the same problems. As a workaround, I copied and pasted the link to my web browser from support regarding my account, next I then pasted the hyperlink to the browser for the update. By doing it this way I was able to enable my account and download the update. For some reason just clicking on the links do not work. Hope this helps.

9. TNSWT

TNSWT Bit poster

First, enable your account by copying and pasting the hyperlink (not clicking on it) into your web browser that is emailed to you from support. Once your account is enabled, you then are able to verify you are entitled to the dowload. For some reason, clicking on the hyperlink in the email does not work.

10. Macaby

Macaby Member

I can download 3846, BUT!!!

it won't install. I'm running a MB with Snow Leopard with Parallels for Mac 3844. After downloading 3846, it gins through the installation process until a windows pops up that says roughly "Package will run a program to determine if software can be installed". When that is down, the next window appears to be the window to start the installation process, but that window is only on my screen for less than a second and then it vanishes (with no installation).

While I can live with 3846, now I intermittently get the installation window popping up intermittently. I just wish I could either install the upgrade or get rid of this installation process of 3846 on my computer. I'm really getting tired of seeing it.

11. Macaby

Macaby Member

Finally I found a link that download AND INSTALLS correctly. There seem to be some bogus download links in this form that DON'T work.

12. Martin DR

Martin DR Bit poster

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.