Transporter and Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Parallels Transporter' started by TracyL, Sep 13, 2009.

1. TracyL

TracyL Bit poster

I'm using 4.0.3846 on Snow Leopard. I created a VM on my BootCamp partition with no problem. Tried to use Transporter to migrate WinXP from a PC on the LAN, but it instead created a second VM on the Mac partition, not on the BootCamp partition. The migration went perfectly, but I want to take advantage of the BootCamp option.

How can I migrate from the original PC to an existing or new VM on the BootCamp partition?

2. Helen@Parallels

Helen@Parallels Parallels Developers

Hi, TracyL,

Using Parallels Desktop you can run your existing Windows OS which is installed on your Boot Camp partition via a virtual machine, booting into Mac OS X. Also you can continue to use your Windows OS as usual, booting via Boot Camp.

Using Parallels Transporter you can:
    or migrate your existing Windows OS from remote PC to Parallels VM which you can use booting into Mac OS X
    or migrate your existing Windows OS from Boot Camp partition to Parallels VM which you can use booting into Mac OS X.

The possibility to migrate your existing Windows OS from remote PC directly as new OS on your Boot Camp partition is not available in Parallels Transporter now.

Best Regards,
    Helen

3. RJN

RJN Bit poster

Follow-up to Transporter/Boot Camp

I have installed a Win7 virtual machine in Parallels Desktop 5 on my MacbookPro running Snow Leopard. I am interested in using Boot Camp, and wonder whether I can migrate my Win7 virtual machine to a Boot Camp partition, or if I need to intall from scratch. I would be prefer to migrate, since I've already installed Office and some other utilities... Thanks!